Green Roofing – A Living Roof
A green roof is comprised of waterproof membrane covered with living vegetation. This living roof can be made up of various layers including the growing medium, a root barrier, and drainage and irrigation systems.
Eco Roofing – The Live Roof
A living roof will serve many purposes on a commercial or residential building. It will provide insulation, rainwater absorption & filtration, help lower urban air temperatures, and create a pleasing roof-scape.
Advantages of Green Roofing
- Reduced Utility Fees by providing a an insulating barrier that can reduce heat loss and cooling costs.
- Reduce Storm Water Runoff
- Meet Corporate Sustainability Goals
- Create a Positive Corporate Image
- Create an Natural Urban Environment for Wildlife
- LEED Certification Possible for Further Corporate Tax Breaks
- Extend Roof Membrane Lifespan
A properly installed green roof can extend the lifespan of the roof membrane by over 200% by shielding the membrane from UV radiation and physical damage.
For more information on Green Roofing, contact us today!